Challenge Winning cards

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Recycled Birthday Card

Today's card is inspired by the challenges at The Paper Players:

 

 and also by the challenge at Less Is More:

 Use a recycled item!

For the first challenge I've followed the top line and for the second challenge my recycled items are:
 

The sequin waste was used as a mask to make the background.  I've always cut the ribbons out of clothing as they never stay hidden and I have a huge bag full - I chose some in a lovely shade of cornflower blue. The leaflets were packaging waste from my fave perfume - Angel by Thierry Mugler. Here's the result...


Thanks for visiting

Sharon
x



8 comments:

  1. Excellent recycling Sharon!
    Superb card too!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, great idea to use the sequin waste
    Thank you very much for your entry into this week's Less is More Challenge
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! me too, bag full of ribbons, good recycling. I love your delicately coloured card, it's simply perfect for LIM :D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love your card but then I would as blue is one of my favourite colours! Love the text flower petals. Stef

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great recycling technique and a delightful feminine card
    Thanks for sharing
    Sarah
    Less is more

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I am so wonderfully impressed how you combined the two challenges, and especially your use of recycled items, Sharon! It makes me want to recycle, too! Thanks so much for sharing your project and playing along with Tic-Tac-Toe this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous work of art! If you hadn't shown us how you made it, I never would have guessed it was from recycled materials. Love the sponged polka dot background! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete