Challenge Winning cards

Friday, March 23, 2018

Inspired by Mondrian

Before I went on holiday I discovered a website (https://www.aliexpress.com/) which sells very cheap unbranded metal dies from China with free postage - the only catch is that delivery can take a while! So I'm very sceptical about internet shopping in general and part of me did not believe I would ever receive my orders which is why I only spent about 8 pounds....

Imagine my surprise when I got back from holiday to find 4 small packages in the post from China! This is what I made with one of the dies...



As soon as I saw this die it made me think of paintings by the artist Piet Mondrian, I cut the shape in 4 colours; black, red, yellow and blue, then pieced some red, yellow and blue shapes into the black frame. The greeting die is from The Range.

I'm entering this card into the challenges at:

Pile It On Challenge - circles or squares
Penny's Paper-crafty Challenge #372 - anything goes
Incy Wincy Designs - no more than 3 colours
Southern Girls Challenge - die-cuts
Cards In Envy - no patterned paper
Craft Rocket Challenges - something new (my die!)

Thanks for visiting

Sharon
x

3 comments:

  1. This is really cute and I love that die! Thanks for playing with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great way to highlight the colours for our challenge. So glad you joined us at Incy Wincy, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, love the pattern!Thank you for joining us at Pile It On! Challenge Blog ~Marciava ~ Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete