Challenge Winning cards

Thursday, July 11, 2019

Christmas - But It's Only July!

I thought I'd make a start on some of my regular Christmas orders while watching the tennis. Each year I get asked to make a card for my friend's son to give to his uncle and his husband. It is so difficult to get personalised cards for gay family members so I look forward to the challenge each year.

I used this seriously cute digi from Digistamp Boutique (no longer open)...



I've used a kraft card base and matted a red and kraft snowflake patterned paper from The Range onto some dark red card. The image was coloured with pro-markers the die cut into an oval shape with dark red matting. I extended this above the top of the card when I attached it.

The greeting was created in Publisher and added using foam pads. The result is a simple but cute card personalised for the recipients.

I'm entering this card into the challenges at:

Cute N Crafty Challenge Blog #29 - Christmas In July
Sweet Stampin Christmas - July AG challenge
The Male Room #115 -Christmas in July
Little Red Wagon #505-Christmas Featured project
Crimbo Crackers #188 - AG

Thanks for visiting

Sharon
x





8 comments:

  1. Aaaww - how sweet are those two under the mistletoe? Thanks for joining us over at the Christmas at Sweet Stampin' Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sharon! Your kissing reindeer are sweet as can be, and beautifully colored! Loving the image! Thank you for uploading your pretty project to Christmas at the Sweet Stampin’ Challenge . Hope to see more of your creative submissions in the future.
    Warm Smiles,
    de
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CUTE N CRAFTY challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet and I'm sure they will love it too. Thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room challenge.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an adorable card - and just perfect for the uncles!! I love being able to make cards for occasions or people where it would otherwise be extra-challenging to find something appropriate.

    Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute and festive card. Thanks for playing along with us at The Male Room. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really sweet Christmas card. I love the reindeer. Thank you for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' and The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card. I think that is an adorable image and I love the red and Kraft together! Thanks for joining us at CASS and hope to see you again!
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete