Challenge Winning cards

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Thank You Teacher!

I've been busy all afternoon making some thankyou cards for teachers...



I absolutely hate peel-offs - they are tacky and look at their worst when they are just plonked on a card almost as an afterthought. However, like most crafters I have a box full, mostly bought when I first started to make cards. I'm trying to use up some of my huge pile of stash so ended up using these. I'm really amazed at the result. I coloured them black so they didn't look so bad then coloured parts in after sticking them onto thin paper. I doubt I'll ever be a peel-off convert but I suppose they do have their place!




I made templates for the letters and numbers in WordArt then traced them and carefully cut them out. I suppose that a die-cutting machine would save me loads of time doing things like this but I do genuinely get enjoyment from cutting out so I'm sticking with my method for the moment! The apple was traced from a magazine.




These letters and rub-ons are from a scrapbooking kit bought in Poundland.


The stars and books are from the same scrapbooking kit as before. The blackboard I made myself and the white writing and numbers are peel-offs.

1 comment:

  1. wow, you've done a fab job with the dreaded peeloffs . Moving house was a great excuse to chuck all the peeloffs away that had been mouldering in a box from when I first started cardmaking. A bit drastic though, I guess!

    ReplyDelete