Challenge Winning cards

Friday, June 17, 2011

More For Father's Day

Yay! At last I've made my first easel card and now I can't stop. I've liked the look of them for a while and thought I understood the principal of making one but needed to practise first! No need - the first one I made looked fine and everyone I showed thought it was ever so clever so there's no stopping me now.

I'd seen something similar to this but using circles on a recent challenge blog but I can't remember who made it. I was so impressed I had a go. The cute footballer image is Justin from Digi Boutique, coloured with promarkers. The greeting was made in Microsoft publisher using a basic shape (banners) and inserting a text box. The football used as the stopper is just a peel-off on card. Now that I have these sussed I need to start experimenting with different shapes and sizes.

My second attempt is using Drinking Jim again. The stopper this time is a clipart picture of a beer glass. The paper is very old - from the stash I must use up before I am allowed to buy any more.

I'm entering the second card in the following challenges:

Terrifcally Thrilling Thursday Challenge Card for a boy/man
Pear Tree Designs Father's Day
Sparkles Forum Challenges Father's Day

4 comments:

  1. This is a great card, I love the themes you have used
    Thanks for joining in at SFC

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are just fab, glad your enjoying making easel cards, I must say I love making them!

    Thank you for sharing with us at SFC, good luck!
    Hugs shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute cards! Thanks for playing along with us in our "Snakes, Snails and Puppy Dog Tails" challenge at Shelly's Images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVE youe easel cards! The Beer one makes me smile (perfect for men!)
    Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week for the Shelly's Images "Snakes, Snails & Puppy Dog Tails" Challenge.
    We hope you'll join us again soon! Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
    Kaymin Kreations

    ReplyDelete