Challenge Winning cards

Thursday, June 02, 2011

New Babies...

I've had a few requests for new baby cards recently. I sometimes struggle with these cards - I want to make them really cute with ribbons etc but I'm never satisfied with the results. I suppose as long as the people I make them for like them there's no problem but they often leave me very unsatisfied! I know the effect I am striving for but can't seem to get there!

I got the sticker for this first card a few years ago in a pack labelled 'Crystal Stickers' but no brand name! In my recent efforts to use up old stash I 'found' them and thought this cute giraffe image was ideal for a baby boy. The blue spotty paper came with and old edition of Creative cardmaking and the embossing folder is my favourite Swiss Dots. Cute but no wow factor.


The second one is for a baby due this weekend. I felt a bit uncomfortable doing a card for a baby not yet born but maybe that's just me. The image is a freebie by one of my favourite card designers, Katina Killey and the backing paper is Pink Petticoat. Maybe the layout is a bit basic but I wanted to show off the delicate colour of the paper.

1 comment:

  1. Hello sweetie. These are two beautiful baby cards. Lovely designs, such pretty papers and cute images. I love the Swiss Dots too.
    Dont be hard on yourself, they are just so gorgeous and very delicate. . Happy crafting.
    With love, Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete