Challenge Winning cards

Friday, August 03, 2012

Clean and Simple Wedding Invite

I've been asked to make the wedding invitations for a friend's sister and have been putting together a few ideas for her to choose from. As she is getting married abroad she wanted this to be the focus of the card so I have searched high and low for appropriate digi stamps. I found this aeroplane on a child's colouring page and adapted it with hearts in Publisher.


I used the same hearts to make a trail coming from the plane and coloured the images with promarkers.

She's not getting married until next year but as I'll have about 40 to make I want to make an early start. I still need to play about with layout and font - as my other half put it, 'Is that plane nose-diving to a crash landing?' 

I've entered this attempt into the following challenges:

CAS-ual Fridays - featuring things you see in the sky
Paper Crafting Journey - anything goes
Cute Card Thursday - clean and simple

7 comments:

  1. Lovely card, I like the idea of the hearts trail!! Thank you for sharing with us at Papercrafting Journey

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the simplicity of your card. Love the plane, hearts and sentiment...XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card for our challenge. Thanks for taking part at CCT.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable invitation! Your friend is going to love it for sure. That plane with it's hearts trail is sooo cute! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a "love"ly card!! LOVE the sentiment with your airplane...wonderful:!! Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute and clever idea! Love that sweet airplane image - best wishes to your friend! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete