Challenge Winning cards

Thursday, January 14, 2021

Butterfly Sparkles

It's a cold, dark day here in the North East with patches of snow still on the ground. I've had a day off work today (even though I've worked at home for the last 10 months!) so I've made a huge beef casserole and some cards...

I was greatly inspired by the sketch at Fusion - I do like a simple sketch with no odd bits!


My colour scheme was easily sorted when I saw the challenge at As You Like It - favourite colour scheme and why...


I do love the look of pink and green together - it's a match made in nature - think of how many pink flowers there are! I prefer the more pastel shades which is what I have gone for in this card...




I used an ivory card base and created the greeting in Publisher using Splendid font. The die cut foiled butterfly and matching patterned papers came with a magazine years ago. I'd like to say they are Hunkydory but I can't be sure. I've added sparkling gems to make a 'trail' and to highlight some of the foiled dots on the butterfly. Simple but pretty.

I'm also playing along with the challenges at:

The Sisterhood of Crafters - use dies/embossing folders






Simply Create Too - favourite colour combo





Thanks for visiting - happy crafting

Sharon

x

3 comments:

  1. Just BEAUTIFUL! Love that butterfly! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, and I love your colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too for our "Favourite colour combo" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for joining in with the Favourite Colour Duo AYLI challenge. Your make is gorgeous and we really appreciate you taking the time to enter. Hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Squirrel x

    ReplyDelete