Challenge Winning cards

Monday, January 04, 2021

Silver Foliage Card

 Today's card is in what I call 'French Style' - it's strange how card makers from different countries have a particular style. On my last holiday to the continent (remember holidays?) I picked up a couple of issues of a French card making magazine - Passion Cartes Creatives - I found in a newsagent shop in Strasbourg and I loved how French cardmakers use a lot of mirri card and foliage dies in their cards...




I've used a kraft card base and also die cut some kraft stiched-squares - one of my presents from Santa! I've been after some square dies with a stiched-border effect for a while and I was over the moon to see these reduced in The Works last weekend before it shut again for lockdown.

The foliage dies are from various sets and makes I have in my stash and I've used silver mirri-card to cut the shapes.  The pastel patterned paper is from a Simply Creative pack - Let It Snow - from The Range.

I've arranged the squares and foliage randomly, and I've added a greeting created in Publisher using Monotype Corsiva font. I've also added some tiny pale blue pearls.

I'm playing along with the 'Use something new (the dies) challenges at:















Take care and stay safe

Sharon
x



4 comments:

  1. It's a pretty card. Clean and simple yet elegant. Well done. Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again soon!
    Tammy DT Co-ordinator

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love things in "threes" so this is right up my alley! Nicely done, lovely little diecuts! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Paper Players and my "new" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mini die cuts and shiny die cuts totally make this card work. It's beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us over at The Paper Players. I look forward to seeing more of your talent in future challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful idea, I love the clean, simple design. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday, Caz.DT.

    ReplyDelete