Challenge Winning cards

Tuesday, May 04, 2021

Snappy Birthday

 After a stressful week dealing with family stuff it was nice to do something crafty this afternoon. My head is all over the place and this certainly influenced my card!

Firstly I was inspired by the unusual challenge at Less Is More


So I really sat and (over) thought about this one. I remembered I had a crab die and some glittery crab patterned paper. Being mindful to leave plenty of white space I created this...



Obviously the blue patterned card with glittery crabs represents the sea and the yellow circle represents the sand! After googling 'crab cards' I could see that 'snappy birthday' is the go to greeting for crabs so I used that for my greeting.

And of course coming up to June Birthdays this may be useful for someone whose star sign is Cancer (the crab). Yes - I thought a lot about this one!

What I used:

Linen card base

Crab patterned card - Deco Time

Crab die - Cut and Make

Greeting - created using KG Payphone font

Embellished with 2 googly eyes.


I'm also playing along with the challenges at:

Creative Friday #280 - clean and simple

2 Crafty Critter Crazies - AG with a critter

Pearly Sparkles #62 - clean and simple


Thanks for visiting

Sharon

x

5 comments:

  1. Fab make, love cards with humour

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice with the die! LOVE the colours and that sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card and fun to. Hope your family times are better. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this week. Good Luck and I’m looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
    Faith A DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely clean lines and I love that your colours represent the sea and sand. The googly eyes were the perfect finishing touch. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lustiger Text und die Krabbe passt natürlich genau dazu. Schöne CAS Karte.
    Danke für deine Teilnahme bei creative friday!

    ReplyDelete