Challenge Winning cards

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Anniversary Snippets

I needed to make an anniversary card for some friends and inspired by the 'use snippets' challenge at Less Is More, I made this card from lots of 'bits' from my scraps box...


For some unknown reason I seemed to have lots of strips of card. What better way to use them up than to make a basket weave background! I also had lots of pieces of lilac card left over from making some wedding invitations for a friend - I matted the woven card onto a lilac base and die cut a lilac heart for a topper. I added a trio of lilac gems and voila - a card make from snippets!

Thanks for visiting

Sharon
x

10 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea. I think you must be like me and save every tiny piece, just in case. This is a great way to use them up. It makes a fab card
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have lots of strips of white card, what a wonderful idea to use them up. I love the textured card with the pretty lilac too.
    Thanks for sharing with us
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon!

    I love this card, such a great way to use up snippets too. Do please think about coming to play in the Snippets Playground, we're a very welcoming bunch and it's anything goes every week just so long as you use one or more snippets :) And we have prizes and picks of the week as well. You could link this card if you like. Lucky you living in one of my favourite places - I do miss the North Sea coast terribly.

    Hugs

    Di xx (Less is More GD)

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAB way to use up those pesky snippets, lovely card

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever way to use up all those scraps. I have many strips and will definitely have a go at this. The simple heart is perfect on top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic and ingenious way to use up those white strips and it looks so effective as your BG.
    A beautiful and elegant card. Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever! Love The matting background x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of your snippets Sharon, love this. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very clever the backgroung with srips of papers, beautiful projet !

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way to use up strips Sharon!
    Thank you for playing along with Snippets for Chrissie
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete