Challenge Winning cards

Friday, July 17, 2015

Party Frock

Hello folks...

Another fortnight has passed which means it's time for another challenge at:




This week we have some marvellous sponsorship from two companies:



A Day For daisies are offering a shop voucher as one prize...http://buysassystudiodesigns.blogspot.co.uk/
Sassy Studio designs are offering a prize of 4 digis from their shop. So pop over to Simply Papercraft and join in the fun. Our 'anything goes ' challenges are so easy to play along with!

I decided to use one of the A Day For Daisies wonderful digital images 'Hepbern Dress' and produced this:


What a gorgeous image to work with! I knew straight away she would be perfect to paper-piece and I used a cherry red polka dot patterned paper from Papermania's Spots and Stripes Capsule Collection which really pops out. I've had these papers since Christmas and just opened the packet - typical card-maker! The hair and skin were coloured with pro-markers and I've added some of my trademark bling in the form of three red gems.

I did think about using a black and white polka dot paper but nothing is as dramatic as red - my favourite colour. With having dark hair it is a colour I often turn to when dressing up - you always stand out when wearing red. I would love this dress - it's like a grown up version of Minnie Mouse's frock!

The 'fabulous' word art was a freebie long ago from Create with TLC and the birthday greeting was printed in Microsoft Word. 

I'm entering this card into the challenges at:


Shopping Our Stash Challenge - paper piecing
Creative Moments Challenge - monochromatic
As You Like It Challenge - favourite colour (red!) 
Seize The Birthday - anything goes 
4 Crafty Chicks - clean and simple 

Thanks for looking - don't forget to join in the fun at Simply Papercraft!

Sharon


12 comments:

  1. Wow !!! I love this beauty! My favourite of all times... polka dots!
    Thanks for joining us at Seize the birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card I like the paper pieced image
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhh lovely!!! The paper pieced dress is awesome! Thanks for joining the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew for our "Paper Piecing" challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love polka dots and your dress looks fabulous, great reason too. Thanks for sharing on AYLI. Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful. Love the paper piecing. Love her dress.Thank you for a great challenge this fortnight.

    Hugs Erin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful image, and I love the polka dots! Beautifully done! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful image and just perfect for paper piecing! I absolutely love your design! Thanks for taking the paper piecing challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunner! One of my favs from the current challenge, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is fabulous. I love that stamp and the paper piecing. Thank you for playing along with us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! Totally LOVE her paper pieced dress - polka dots are my fav :) Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fabulous! Perfect for paper piecing. Thanks so much for playing at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello again! I see you have used MY fav color (red) as well over at As You Like It! Thanks so much for joining us! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete