Challenge Winning cards

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Tiger Tiger

Well today's card was such a fun card to make. A lady at work asked me to create something for her daughter's 9th birthday - she wanted a tiger theme and the daughter's favourite colour is green! Quite a challenge!



I didn't want to use a realistic picture of a tiger as I felt this would be too grown up for a 9 year old so I searched the internet for ideas on punch art tigers. Greatly inspired, I created the tiger using a variety of dies and punches and a number of hand-cut 'stripes'. The green patterned paper came from a craft pack I bought at Lidl or Aldi years ago. It's a photo of raindrops on grass which I thought had a jungle feel to it and provided the essential green. I made the tiger effect backing paper by drawing a variety of stripes with a black pro-marker around the edges of some orange paper. I used the same effect on the number 9 and created the greeting on the computer (candy square BTN striped font). Finally I added some googly eyes and some peel-off whiskers.

I'm really pleased with the result - it was made on an 8x8 kraft card base so it will really stand out amongst Anna's shop bought cards.

I've entered this card into the current challenges at:

The ABC Challenge - N is for number
Try It On Tuesday - hot and wild
Crafty Time Challenges - punches/dies
Cut It Up Challenge Blog - use a number


Thanks for visiting

Sharon
x

6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable. She'll love it!

    Thanks for joining us for our Numbers challenge at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just fab! Thank you for sharing with us at TIOT's!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful colours and a cute and cheeky tiger..

    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGOSH!!! This is so darn CUTE! What a FUN Birthday card! Thanks for playing along with us over at Cut it Up Challenges! :)

    Theresa (CIU DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute tiger. I love the background green paper! It does look like jungle leaves and grass; so perfect! Thanks for joining us in the number challenge over at Cut It Up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love your punch art tiger, so cute! Awesome job making the stripes on the orange paper too!!!!

    ReplyDelete