Challenge Winning cards

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

You just don't realise how much craft stuff you have until you try and get it in some kind of order! I spent all day yesterday sorting all my scraps of paper and ribbons into colour order in the hope that when I am actually making cards I can find the stuff I need easily. All my patterned papers are now neatly stacked in a box and I have made some 'themed' shoe boxes for 'weddings', 'new baby' and 'christmas' to keep all my bits and bobs in one place!

To make the most of the boxes of unused stash I have all over the house, I have been trying to make cards using products that are out of my comfort zone. The first offering is a wedding card that isn't in the traditional gold/silver colour schemes...


The paper is from DCWV Teenage stack and the rub-ons were a great find in Poundland - I lurve that shop! It's a bit weird using cream card for this as usually I do all my cards using white card but white would have been way too harsh.


I really love the effect that I have seen in various magazines where paper is inked round the edges. I was reluctant to try this as I was sure it would just end up a splattery mess but I'm pleased with the 'aged' effect it gives.

Like most people, I save all the free papers and tags etc that you get with magazines. This decoupaged effort is from this month's Simply Cards & Papercraft. Very simple - took all of 10 minutes to make and can be added to my stock of emergency birthday cards!


1 comment: