Challenge Winning cards

Thursday, December 11, 2008

I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday...

My living room is looking like the production line in Santa's factory at the moment. I have all my boxes of 'stuff' stacked in the corner and in the right light I can see glitter stars in the rug. Ginger Boy also managed to get some glitter in his fur (whilst helping me of course) which will do nothing for his reputation as the gayest cat in the street!

Here's a few of the selection I made for a friend at work..


I love the simplicity of this one and considering it's just made from a peel-off, some stick on diamantes and a scrap of silver ribbon (cut from the shoulders of a silver vest!) I am pleased with the result. I hate those dangly things in tops that go around the clothes hanger and I always cut them out and hoard them in my ribbon stash. I once had really bad thoughts when I was looking for some ribbon in a particular colour... why not find the right coloured blouse/top in a shop then cut the ribbons out while in the dressing room? Luckily I found the colour I wanted in a department store and was saved from a life of crime...


These two are made in the style I tend to use when my cardmaking mojo isn't working. Amazing how a different colour scheme can make them look like totally different cards. Red/green paper is from one of the Dovecraft packs and the blue/turquoise paper came free with Making Cards mag last Christmas. The stickers are from the good old Pound Shop.


This card is for my friend's Newcastle United loving partner...much as it pains me to make it as I am a Mackem through and through! Still, one suffers for one's art. I traced the snowman from a Christmas designs book I got free with a magazine... the black and white 'snow' paper is from Doodlebug.


My mam is the world's greatest knitter and while I drool over cardmaking blogs, she is having craftigasms downloading American knitting and crochet patterns. I nicked a ball of white fluffy wool from her some time ago thinking it would come in handy for Christmas cards and I am pleased with the result I got by wrapping it around a triangle of corrugated card. Everybody at work who saw this wanted to touch it!

I got really excited today when I saw that I have people who follow my blog! What a great compliment - you've made my day!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    Thanks for your lovely post on my blog :-) I love your cards - particularly like your sticker ones with the scalloped circles - they look so effective but not too 'cluttered'.

    You are very organised!!!

    Patsy x

    PS - Dare I say, I love your NUFC snowman too lol!

    ReplyDelete