Challenge Winning cards

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Cute Chicks

I downloaded these images from the Pink Petticoat site ages ago but have only recently had time to play with them. They are so cute and are ideal for girly birthdays in springtime and probably good for easter cards as well.
I started by cutting out the images with my Nestabilities and giving each image a different coloured scallopped border. The red border went well with this red and pink spotty paper I got free with a magazine .This purple stripey one is the only one I wasn't really pleased with - I just couldn't get the look I wanted with that ribbon. Paper is from papermania Rich Blue pack.

This pink and green spotty paper is actually from a pack of Christmas papers I got with Papercraft Essentials but I didn't think they were very Christmassy.

Good old Doodlebug - I love this pink and orange stripey paper and wish I had a roll of it!
More spotty paper from Papermania Rich Blue pack. At first I thought these papers were too dark and masculine but I guess with the righ products anything can look girly.

I am going to have to get some proper grown up pens though - these were coloured in with bog standard felt-tips from a multi pack. I have been admiring the Marvy le Plume pens but they will probably have to wait until my birthday. And I would also love some pens in very light pastel colours but I can't find any - reccommendations please!

No comments:

Post a Comment