Challenge Winning cards

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Busy Week of Cardmaking...


I got the inspiration for this anniversary card from a cardmaker I greatly admire called Michelle at The Card Grotto. She makes fabulous cards and I hope she doesn't mind my interpretation of her card. I love blog hopping and can spends hours admiring other people's creations. It's also nice to know that other people appreciate what I do - a lovely lady called Sandra has left a really nice message on my blog and has started following it so a big thankyou to her!


Next up are two very quick baby cards - I used the same basic sketch for each one but added a pink ribbon to the baby girl card. I find sketches really useful for inspiration and whenever I see a card layout that I like I do a quick sketch of it in my card ideas book.


Finally, a card that I'm really quite chuffed with. My heart sank when I got a request for a Power Rangers birthday card for a 7 year old boy. After googling 'power rangers' I found a wonderful site full of images of popular characters for children to colour - Colouring Book Pages. It has loads of characters from Disney Princesses to Wallace and Gromit. I just copied one of the pictures into a word document, resized it and coloured it with normal kids felt-tip pens. I did this a couple of times to make a decoupaged effect and just used a couple of die-cut coloured circles for the background. It reminds me a bit of one of Roy Liechenstein's pop-art pictures. Roll on the next strange request!

4 comments:

  1. Hi again, its me, Sandra. I have just been looking at your latest cards, and my word, you have been busy. They are all fabulous. I love the Anniversary one, so beautiful and very effective, gorgeous colours together.
    The baby cards have such pretty sweet images and are just so nice, and finally the Power Rangers, you have done a fantastic job, they are so hard to do for boys.
    I had a busy day yesterday too, never stopped making cards, I was on a roll, I did enjoy myself though.
    Have a lovely crafty day again, speak soon, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Sharon. Thank you soo much for making yourself my very FIRST FOLLOWER. I am theilled to bits. By way of a Thank You, I would like to send you something crafty for you to enjoy. I know you are not into stamping, but is there anything you fancy. Please do let me know, I just want to thank you for being my first follower. You are so kind. Love Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon, me again. I dont know how else to contact you about what you would like as a gift. this is my email, and when you think of what you might like, please will you email, and then I get it off to you. You are such a sweetie.
    Love Sandra x

    s.baldwin397@ntlworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi.. Love the purity and simplicity of your cards. My favourite on this post is the Baby Boy card with the rubber ducky. Love the Power Ranger, too!

    Thank you for dropping by on my blog, too. :o)

    Hugs,
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete