Challenge Winning cards

Monday, August 01, 2011

Simple Anniversary Card

I was totally inspired by a new challeng blog I found this weekend - Lucy's Lovely Lines Challenge over at the Lily Pad Cards blog. It's not often I copy from a sketch but this one was perfect for the anniversary card I needed to make.


As soon as I saw this I knew it would work using hearts instead of stars.



I die cut 5 Cuttlebug hearts and stuck them in a line but the 4th heart is raised using a sticky pad to give some dimension. I resisted over embellishing and just used a single diamante to highlight the raised heart. The greeting was printed directly onto the base card. This is probably card making at it's simplest but I'm really pleased with the classy look of this card.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, this is simply lovely! I love the white-on-white effect...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply fabulous! Lovely card...I especially like the single gem, it's perfect! Thanks for playing with us at Lily Pad Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love your simple take on the sketch, and it makes a perfect card for the occasion! Thanks so much for joining us at Lily Pad Cards!

    ReplyDelete