Challenge Winning cards

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Less Is More - One Layer with Birds

The theme at Less Is More today is a one layer card using birds. Oh dear - way out of my comfort zone! Not the birds but the one layer business - I can't stamp to save my life and I'm lost unless I'm adding embellishments!

I set to work going through all my digi images and found this gorgeous bird house by Little Musings . I thought it would take ages to line it up with the greeting - but it didn't. I've started to use Microsoft Publisher when I'm printing off digi images as there's a lot of control over sizing and placement. It's coloured with promarkers and that's it! My first one layer card!

13 comments:

  1. Smashing card, so cute - a great way to welcome someone to a new home

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card, perfect for us!

    Many thanks
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, you must be a natural at one layer cards. Takes a lot of willpower to resist adding any embellishments, or at least it does for me

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super card - and well done on it being your first one layer! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! Love this! Cute image and perfect sentiment placement! Rach :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great start at One Layer Cards!
    This is fantastic!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you made a PERFECT one-layer card for the challenge! Hard to believe it is your first...it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great one layer card. IF this is your first, I am anxious to see what you will make if you get the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No one would ever believe this was your first one-layer card - it's fab!

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute, cute image and the coloring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete