Challenge Winning cards

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Touch of Doodling

This week's challenge at Less is More was a combination of two things way left of my comfort zone - one layer AND doodling. Now I've done one layer cards before and I've added doodling in it's basic form - as faux stitching but the two things made me nervous!


First I found a digi that lent itself to adding a bit of pattern - it was a freebie from Wendymade blog some time ago and I've used it decoupaged on a number of occasions. I kept the whole thing simple, coloured one heart with a lilac promarker and then just criss-crossed the heart in a patchwork effect. I'm not sure whether it is TOO clean and simple but I really kept myself in check even though I was itching to add some bling!

8 comments:

  1. I love it! You should step out of your comfort zone more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's brilliant! I would never have thought of this.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, a great idea... you could have added a little bling... Mandi loves it, but it looks great as it is.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card! the doodling is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bling is always good for me lol
    Super card
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card. Simple yet stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hearts look great and are the perfect thing to add a few doodles to!

    ReplyDelete