Challenge Winning cards

Thursday, July 04, 2019

Sad News - and a New Baby

It's been a very sad week in the Glittertastic household. Our beloved cat, Harvey, had a sudden stroke and although we rushed him to the vet he didn't make it. He was 18 years old and ruled the roost! Rest In Peace little buddy - you were loved so much.



So I haven't really had the heart to make many cards but today I needed a baby girl card...



The gorgeous image is of course Baby Hammock from Penny Black which I've stamped using black ink (Docrafts Artiste) and coloured with pro-markers. I've used patterned papers from a pad from The Works. I made the greeting in Publisher using Candy Round font and added pearl and silver peel-off strips as embellishments.

My layout came from this lovely sketch at Freshly Made Sketches:


I'm also entering this card into the challenges at:

Cute Card Thursday - anything goes
Unicorn Challenge #45 - for a baby or child
Passion for Pro-markers #500 - make it square
As You Like It - favourite make for a baby. My favourite make is a congratulations card - but they must be cute. It's a chance to use really pretty pink and blue papers and it's a lovely keepsake for the new parents to keep forever.

Thanks for visiting

Sharon
x

6 comments:

  1. On of my favourite images. Beautiful. Thanks for joining Passion for Promarkers. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I'm so so very sorry for the loss of your beloved furry friend. I can't even imagine! They really do rule the roost! Love your card. Those colours are so soft and sweet and that image is adorable! Perfect to welcome a sweet little girl! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss - our fur babies are so much a part of the family. Your sweet baby card pairs an adorable image with the perfect designer paper! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always a fave of mine for baby cards and this is stunning sorry to read about your lovely car. and thanks for sharing at Passion for promarkers this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. So hard to lose a pet....so sorry about your sweet cat! Your baby card is as cute as can be! Glad you shared it at FMS!

    ReplyDelete