Challenge Winning cards

Sunday, July 19, 2020

Christmas In July

Seeing the challenge at Less Is More #424 this week has inspired me to add to my growing pile of Christmas cards...







The image is a cute design I found on an embroidery website years ago...

I used heavy white linen card for the base  - I feel this adds a bit of texture to one layer cards and it's lovely to colour as the texture shows through.  I've used pro markers to colour him, and a silver gel pen for the buckle.  I've cheated a little for a one layer card as I've finished it off with a tiny cotton wool ball for the pom-pom. The greeting was created using Candy Square BTN Striped font.

I'm also playing along with the challenges at:

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #137 - Christmas In July
Christmas Card Throwdown July - Santa
My Time To Craft #436 - Christmas In July
The Paper Players #500 - CAS and celebrate (and a Happy Birthday PP!)

Thanks for visiting
Stay safe

Sharon
x

10 comments:

  1. Super cute CAS design! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the clean and simple design, and your colouring is perfect. It is a bit of a cheat to add the pompom for our one layer challenge, and we also ask for areas of card with no texture at Less is More. That said, it's a cracking card, and thanks for playing along with us.

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smashing make, super image and beautifully coloured too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun card! Love the skinny legs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable père noël Sharon, ce style sobre lui va magnifiquement, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this Santa image and that pom pom is just the perfect embellishment. Thanks so much for playing with us at Less Is More.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! Perfectly CAS, perfectly cute and perfectly fun! Your Santa will bring a smile to someone's face this holiday! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week as we celebrate 500 challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is one cute santa and is perfect for our challenge at 52CCT! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This Santa is adorable! I love this card! Thanks so much for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends! Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete