Challenge Winning cards

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Belated Mother's Day cards...

It's taken a while to get these posted - I've just come back from a lovely week in Tenerife and everything has been upside down for the last few days. Here's a selection of the cards I made before I went away...

These first two were made with some stickers from Penny Black - Stickeroos I think they are called. Burgundy isn't a colour I often use and I thought I would struggle to get papers to match the stickers but I found loads. The top card was made using paper from a pack by the English Papar Company.I used some paper from a very old pack of Papermania papers (Rich Red) on this second Stickeroo card. The 'Mam' lettering is rubbed onto punched circles of card and highlighted with burgundy card - I often use this trick as a greeting.


These next two cards were made using La Pashe's Flippin' Women decoupage sheets. The card above is A4 size and the image is stuck onto acetate in a large aperture card. There is also a reverse to the image which can't be seen here.


I've used the same decoupage image here but just the front this time. The paper is from the Colossal flowery pack from PaperMania.


This card is for two little boys to send their beloved Nanna. I got the forever Friends sticker in a free pack from Papercraft Inspirations and the spotty paper is again PaperMania. I should have shares in that company! I stuck the hearts on the ends of the ribbon cos it wouldn't stop fraying and i rather like the effect it has made.

I got this tulip decoupage sheet with Making Cards magazine ages ago. It was quick to cut out even though it looks intricate and I love the colours.

These three are made with my favourite flower stamp. I hate stamping - I can never seem to stamp the image evenly - yet this stamp works every time for me. I'm really into doodling on cards at the minute and I've done faux stitching around the image and the greeting which can't be seen very well here!

As with most of my cards there's ribbon used on these. I love the way ribbon adds texture to a card and makes you want to touch it.

This red flower card is my favourite. There's more faux stitching around the images and the ribbon tied perfectly first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment