Challenge Winning cards

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Name Cards

After the success of the Mother's Day cards, a few friends at work have asked for similar cards for little girls with their names on them...

This first one is for a child with a very unusual name - I've never come across this one before. The striped paper is an old one from Doodlebug and the big butterfly is made with my new favourite die from Marianne designs. I've also added some punched butterflies and flowers and a few diamante trails coming from the butterflies. I've entered this card in the following challenge:

Flutterby Wednesdays - OPEN (include butterfly, fairy or angel)



I'm not as pleased with this second card. I don't know whether I have made the letters too big or used the wrong patterned paper but I don't feel it is as pleasing on the eye as the first one is.

Still I now have orders for loads of name cards so I'm off to the shops this weekend to treat myself to some new scissors with very fine points!

2 comments:

  1. Wow love the bright colours! Very CAS too. I sorta know what you mean with the 2nd card but I think Im drawn to the first one more because of all the butterflies and flowers! I do think both of them are lovely tho!
    Rach :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! The girls will love them. Thanks for sharing with us at Flutter By Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete