Challenge Winning cards

Saturday, February 09, 2013

Love is in the air...

You know how you hear a song on the radio and you're humming it all day... well today it's provided inspiration for a couple of challenges at my favourite challenge blogs...

At CAS-ual Fridays the challenge this week is to make a CAS card using a song as inspiration. As soon as I looked at the theme, the song came back into my head so the rest as they say was fate. 



Also it's one layer week at Less Is More and the theme is music therefore I've printed the digi straight onto the base card - it's a freebie from Carmen at Beyond The Fringe who has some wonderful freebies - give her a visit. 

I know Chrissie is very strict about one layer week so I knew I had to keep embellishments to a minimum so I used the tiniest little red things I had as I had to use ten of them! They are tiny metal stud things that can be ironed onto clothing but like all good crafters I use them on cards!
 
The song, of course, is Love Is In The Air by John Paul Young

Enjoy the rest of the weekend

Sharon
x






23 comments:

  1. Brilliant card i love it. You won the challenge at glitternsparkle please could you email trisha at glitternsparklechallenge@yahoo.co.uk and i'll tell you how to claim your prize . thanks hun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, your bit of bling really makes a difference

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card and the splash of colour / bling lifts it and makes it even more special

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card Sharon - I love the way you added all those tiny hearts. I think that song might be in my head now lol! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola Sharon, beautiful card and very romantic i remember Love Is In The Air song...:D, well done.
    Hugs from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant! Super CAS card and love the pop of red sparkle. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab and very clever! Love it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just fabulous!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is fab sharon... love it

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this. Elegant simplicity.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another fabulous card Sharon. It's amazing how so little can be so effective
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sharon - what a lovely single-layer card! I love the little pops of red. Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful valentines card! Love the small red bling bling effect.
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super delightful card. Now that song is playing in my head. http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it-the splashes of red are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this, and the touch of colour really adds to the design - great job!xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a wonderful digi stamp! Do you have a direct link to the image? I'd love to get it! A really FAB card!!

    ReplyDelete