Challenge Winning cards

Monday, March 01, 2021

Fabulous 40th

 One of my lovely work colleagues is celebrating her 40th Birthday this week - we share the same birthday - so I've made her something a bit more adventurous than my usual cards...



It's my take on a stepper card - the first one I've made from scratch. A lot of lessons were learned here but once you get the measurements right the rest is a doddle. In hindsight I should have made the side 'steps' a bit taller - there's another step the same size as the front step behind the balloon step.

Still - I'm very happy with the result. I used:

Black and white polka dot patterned paper mounted on black card

3 shades of pink glitter card

Unbranded balloon dies

Spellbinders Lacy Circle dies

Gemini 'Celebrate' greeting die


I'm playing along with the challenges at:

Alphabet Challenge - X is for extra folds

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #152 - anything goes

Inspired By... - take a number

Time Out Challenge - birthday card

As You Like It Challenge - favourite reason to send a card. I always enjoy making and sending 'big birthday' cards - there's something about having a number on a card that takes people back to their childhood. Even for random birthdays like 27th! Also, I seem to collect number dies and it's a great opportunity to use them!


Thanks for visiting

Sharon

x

9 comments:

  1. A super card. Love the big numbers. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome birthday card! Your co-worker is gonna love it too :) !!! Thank you for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your birthday card with IB! I just know your friend will appreciate it as much as we do!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card for your friend, this is a fantastic 40th birthday card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for joining our Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. Hope to see you again!
    Merja DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. And it seems that internet doesn't like me today.. I love your card, that's missing from my last comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fab, what a coincidence you have the same birthday!
    Thanks for joining in the AYLI challenge
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very fun - I love the unique shape of this card and the pink glitter paper works so beautifully with the black and white combo. Thanks so much for celebrating with us at TIME OUT! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks beautiful and cool! I think a stepper card like this is a math lesson for me, but yours is lovely and a great a special surprise for your friend. Thank you so much for joining us at our birthday celebrations at Time out challenges. Hugs ~ Ishani.

    ReplyDelete